What makes United Way of Southern Chester County (UWSCC) so special?
We are a small United Way, but a mighty one! We are devoted to serving just the needs of people living in our small corner of the world. All the monies raised here, stays here... working in vital programs offered by area non-profits. In the past 10 years, UWSCC has supported human needs by giving out $8,840,000 to over 35 non-profit programs serving southern Chester County residents. These are programs we critically evaluated, had proven measurable results, and judged worthy of United Way support.
This year, 23 local non-profit programs will receive $850,000 in funding.
Our small size IS our strength. UWSCC intimately knows our community, its needs, and the gaps in services (which we then address). Our CEO works in close partnership with agency Executive Directors. We help them become better organizations to serve our community.
18,000 people benefited last year from United Way-funded programs. Right here in this community, we had:
- Families who needed help getting through a rough patch
- Seniors who needed help staying engaged - and in their homes
- Children who needed mentoring and after-school supervision
- Moms who needed a guiding hand to get their kids off to a healthy start…
And that’s just the beginning.
Your gift will:
- Help low income neighbors afford quality daycare
- Fund health clinics and counseling, stocked local food cupboards
- Support after-school teen programs
- Provide emergency shelter for families.
- And, so much more!
That is the beauty of a gift to United Way. One gift addresses all these needs.
How You Can Help
Get involved. You can volunteer at UWSCC or one of this area's many non-profits committed to helping others. Email us and we'll contact you to discuss where you can find the perfect volunteer fit.
Give a financial donation. We were able to support our southern Chester County community with $850,000 this year from only 1,700 donors - giving donations of all sizes and amounts. 1,700 people made this impact possible this year… think of the impact with even more donors.