Thank you for your decision to give through United Way of Southern Chester County. Your contribution meets critical health and human services needs right here at home. Combining the power of your gift with those of others helps your neighbors and strengthens the entire community. We offer a variety of ways to make your contribution, as well as several levels of giving.
Ways To Give
- Giving By Credit Card
- Giving Cash, Check, Debit Card, or ACH (please contact our office at 610-444-4357 for information on giving by ACH)
- RMDs (Required Minimum Distributions) from your IRA account
To give by RMD, tell your retirement fund company you'd like to make a "qualified charitable donation" from your RMD directly to United Way of Southern Chester County. As long as the payment is not made to you and does not pass through your bank account, it's a non-taxable event.
- Giving Securities
To transfer a gift of securities, please email or call us at 610-444-4357 PRIOR to donating stock. This is VITAL as brokerage firms will not release donor information to us! Thus, we will not know who donated the stock and we will not be able to issue you a tax donation letter.
United Way of Southern Chester County's Broker:
P. O. Box 1110
Valley Forge, PA 19482-1110
Transmissions from donor's broker should reference:
Broker DTC# 0062
Account number 63873953
Other Ways You Can Give
- Leadership Giving - Leadership giving provides an opportunity to compound the value of your contribution and extend a very personal and powerful commitment to our community.
- Planned Giving - A bequest to United Way is the simplest way to give back to the community and take care of the causes that matter most to you.
- Payroll Deduction & Company Matching - Many companies offer employees the option of donating to United Way via scheduled payroll deduction. Please email or call us at 610-444-4357 for more information on how to take advantage of these options.